AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Super Bug

This is the bad part of the week.....

Gage has been sick since Thursday March 12th, his 4th day at day care grrrrrr. Well on Monday (the day Mel flew in) Jer stayed home with the baby and I met him at the Dr's office to get his ears checked. He is pulling on his ears a bunch so we figured his "cold" moved into his ears. No ear infection was found and he said we could use a humidifier and saline drops for the coughing and congestion. I stayed home with him Tuesday (day Mel was here) and he seemed to get better. Wednesday he went to day care. By Thursday his cough was worse and he preformed an exorcism type act with about 4 ozs of formula while laying on his back. After his movie star choking performance I decided he was going back to the Dr's. I took him to his Dr. and they ran tests and took a chest x-ray (which was awful because I had to force him in such an uncomfortable position). Thursday evening a nurse called and said he was positive for RSV, it should be called VB4B (very bad for babies). The nurse had us freaked out a bit with talk of breathing machines, hospital stays, 6wks contagious, Death etc... So Friday when my regular nurse called and said "the nurse from the night before read the results wrong, Gage does NOT have RSV, he has the FLU", I could not have been happier in that moment.

Yuh I know the flu is nothing to turn your nose at but it is NOT RSV and is a much better virus to battle for a 3 month old. So yes, my 3 month old has the FLU and we are getting through it. Luckily all of us had the flu shot last fall so we are all well enough to take care of the little one. Mu & Pappy have taken the time to take care of him yesterday and today, if we think he is better he will go back to the germ fair I mean day care tomorrow. Thank you M&P!!

On a happier note, Gage and all of his chunk weighed in at a whooping 17lbs 5oz at exactly 3 months old, I have a rolly polly bundle of love, thank you Lord. On Sunday our little rolly polly boy rolled himself over from his belly to his back, way to go big-man!

I know I usually post a picture of the moment but I have not taken many since the babe got sick, plus I am not sure if I want to remember him being miserably sick, so here is a pic of Gage at 12wks with Daddy, flying high (and yes he did puke right in his fathers mouth shortly after this picture was taken, NICE shot Gage).

I know tomorrow is Wednesday and it is suppose to be "Wordless Wednesday" but I must show and tell about my proudest moment of last week, stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment