AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Monday, March 2, 2009

Man-scapeing 101

Daimen got his first lesson in man-scapeing yesterday. His eyebrows were starting to grow together. He has the longest eye-lashes and the thickest head of hair. Is hair on his head is so thick that when it grows out it grows straight out like a fro, so we shave it all the time. He loves it when his dad razors it bald but I must say I am not a fan of the Mr. Clean cut. Anyway, I trimmed his eyebrows with scissors, I mean if combed they stood up an inch. Then we plucked the uni-brow, he was very impressed with the minute transformation. I know a few people would think he is to young but my 10yr old is a hairy little man, he even has a mustache. I guess there is no time like the present for teaching hygiene. I am glad Jer shaved his head because we found a treat on his scalp, a nice perfectly round ring-worm, what a nice find eh? I wanted to take before and after shots but forgot the before and the after are stuck on Jer's computer, but here is a pic at Christmas of the fuzzy brows and I will load the after tomorrow some come back to see.



In report card news my brilliant son got 4 A's and a B, the B is a 89 so he is determined to bring that back to an A. The B is in English and that was my worst subject (as you can tell from my blog skills I am sure). He does not have homework in 5th grade (for reasons unknown to me) so we decided to challenge him this year, each day he has to pick a word from the dictionary he doesn't know and write the definitions, a sentence with the word in it and draw a picture. He has his own little journal full of words. He comes to me when he is done and tells me the word and explains in his own words what it means and then shows me the picture.

Tomorrow is the Taks test and Daimen is so excited (weird eh?). I understand his excitement because I use to love those kind of tests. I would rather learn on my own then listen to a lecture. Good luck on your test tomorrow baby!!!

Look for Hands N Feet and tons more pics this week (I have played photographer this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment