AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Monday, October 12, 2009

Cesspool

Otherwise known as a Hospital during kill babies quick flu season. (sorry G).


Also is where we visited this past Saturday night. Let me start off by saying that not only has this child made me an idiot he has also made me germaphobic (microbiology class didn’t help either). Taking Gage to the hospital with all the flu flying about is the last thing I would ever want to do no matter how good the food is, ha. However, when his sleep disruption and fussiness the last 5 days or so proved to be more than teething at the most inconvenient 7:30pm Saturday night when his temp spiked, we were forced to head to the local cesspool with gobs of sanitizer in tow.

We hid in the corner and I tried hard not to visualize the germs particles flying through the air as we waited to get called back. A cute little curly blonde haired nurse brought us to triage get vitals. Gage kept grabbing at all the wires and stethoscope making my anxiety levels creep to a unhealthy level and I acted fast to try and keep up with his germ exploration with sanitizer and then IT happened, a conversation with the cute little nurse.

Me – sanitizing baby’s hands – “sorry I am a bit of a germaphobe
Nurse – doing vitals – “ha, we have a saying here, those who don’t come with the flu leave with it”
Me – still sanitizing – “thanks, that really helps the anxiety”
Nurse – still touching my baby with her dirty hands – “well, what do you expect, you just brought your baby to flu central”
Me – slapping cute nurse for being an idiot and making me feel stupid and wrong

Ok, that last thing did not happen but I wanted to. I mean geesh what was I suppose to do at 730pm on a Saturday night with a baby that obviously had a festering ear infection, is there a number you just call up and WaaLaaa they order you antibiotics, if so, well I guess I did mess up and someone please give me that number.

I thought I didn’t have couth!

And,
Gage does have an ear infection, poor baby.
I need to get some of this while I wait for my glands to swell and I start to squeal.....

1 comment:

  1. I am very glad we have yet to be hit with an ear infection after reading this.

    g

    ReplyDelete