AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Monday, May 18, 2009

"Not Me" Monday

This is my first "Not Me" Monday post. Stellan's mom (Mckmama) at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ (website that my computer at work will not longer let me visit) started "not me" Monday's as a therapeutic way to post one's own flaws (in a humours way of course).

I present to you my first therapy session:

I "would not" joyfully take pictures of my sick baby covered in snot after a gigantic sneezing session and "did not" become bitter at my camera because the pictures are fuzzy and it missed the huge snot bubble he blew, "not me", no that would be disgusting and I am more mature than that.
::

There is "no way" I would have thrown caution and size 12 pants to the wind and consume enough heresy’s chocolate to be equivalent to the size of a house brick this weekend, and I "did not" ask my husband to go get me some more at the store when I ran out, nope “not me”, that would be dangerous and go right to my hips.
::

Oh my, I would never let my now 5 month old son explore the wind maker in my office with his little, delicate, unscathed fingers, nope, "not me". Truly, I know it is better to steer babies away from curious objects like fans then to let them cautiously explore them with their hands.
::

I would never be a “not cool mom” and insist my 10 year old boy learn how to change a diaper. It is not like the baby is his (and he better not be thinking about one for 15 or so years), and he is a boy after all. "Not me". How could I ever subject my oldest to diaper doOty (ha), never, and I absolutely "would not" ever giggle in delight the whole time while taken pictures of the experience to show to his wife one day, NO way, "Not me"!
::

This past week I "did not" just rub spit-up into my chest with my bra when Gage aimed so cleverly down my cleavage and gave a hurl. After "not" rubbing it in I also "did not" glance down to see if you could see the wetness from the outside, "did not" give it a satisfying “ah does not smell to bad” sniff, and "did not" wear the shirt or bra the rest of the day. I would never do that and would turn my nose up to anyone who did, "not me", no way. *smirk*

Aha now that was very therapeutic, you should give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Not me monday? I love it.

    It isn't me that lets my twins teeth on the spare usb cable that my husband uses for the scanner because it gives me five minutes blessedly free of 'Mamamamamamama' and I can drink coffee.

    Not me at all.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute post, but I could have done without the picture of the snots coming out of Gage's nose. LOL

    ReplyDelete