AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Monday, July 13, 2009

This is my second "Not Me" Monday post. Stellan's mom (Mckmama) at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ (website that my computer at work will not longer let me visit) started "not me" Monday's as a therapeutic way to post one's own flaws (in a humorous way of course).

I have lots to NOT confess, my 2nd therapy session….

While doing grocery shopping this week I did not decide that the boys needed my favorite (more like an addiction and cannot have them in the house, like putting crack in a addicts cupboard and thinking they won’t touch it) chocolate chip pop tarts for breakfast (a huge box). Did NOT see fit to bring them home and consume (or devour like a piranha in a goldfish tank) 1200 calories worth of delicious chocolate pastry before letting the boys know we had some (in which they got 1 out of a box of 8 before the box was empty the next day), NOT ME, No way.

I am a grown responsible women and would not have altered one of my baby’s pictures into looking like the spawn of me and PaPa Smurf, NOT ME, and I did not share it with Julie and joke about my affair with the cartoon character and show her the picture of our spawn, after all I am not 10 and have way more important things to do, NOT ME!


When Kollen prematurely ran out of panties I Did Not just say “go without until I find or clean some” because I was just too tired/lazy to get out of my chair, I did not forget about his panties until two days later when I found some in the wash. I also would never call my son’s underwear panties, to their face nor on my blog, panties are what girls wear, I know that so I wouldn’t do that, nope NOT ME.

When Gage’s second tooth started making its presence known, I did not look into getting him this pacifier (pic below) and was not singing “all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth”. Teething is painful, I would not make light of it, NOT ME!
(no this is not Gage in the picture, unless you move the teeth to the bottom and add 9lbs)

While bathing Gage (since he seems to be a water bug) I did not get tired of stopping him from flipping over on his belly, have Jer get me the camera, let him try the new trick, and capture a picture of him after he dunked his face in the water (as I knew he would). I know babies can drown and that any cautious mom would not let him experience a face full of water, NOT ME!

I Did not let out a Giggle when Gage took a mis-step in creeping and fell on his face on the carpet, that would be awful of anyone especially a mom, NOT ME!

And lastly, I Did Not sarcastically whisper under my breath “well at least you are not full of PoO anymore” when Jer was in the middle of a really bad upset stomach and spent most of the evening on the toilet, how uncaring of a person would do that, NOT ME, I am a nicer and more mature wife than that.
*now I know you may be disappointed, but I did not take a picture of that (maybe next time)*

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I want to know where to get a pacifier like that. I'd NEVER use it :)

    g

    ReplyDelete