AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Diamond In The Rough

My husband is one of the very few diamonds that has come from the rough pool of eligible men.
This is my attaboy post about my wonderful husband. I am so amazed by him at times. He has been amazing in this transition of life, with the new baby, work, house chores, and most of all patience with me. Lets face it I am not always the Easiest person to get along with especially with my kidos. I am very protective mother and the acute definition of a type A personality. Jer has been so patient with my how to’s and do it this way’s, I could not ask for anyone better. I know I would irritate me if I was dealing with myself so kudos hunny you are the best.

I have seen a huge change in him since Gage was born and I like it. He never complains when things need to be done, he realizes there are more important things than computers, games, and cartoons. It is like he matured 10yrs overnight.

A example of all this is this past weekend. On Friday he went grocery shopping for me so I could pick up the baby from daycare (he usually gets to do that). After shopping he had to get the crib and mattress from the shipping part of Walmart. That night he stayed up and built the crib while the baby and I went to bed, glorious I tell you, glorious. I let him sleep in the next morning and we just chilled most of the day. Well the house looked like a tornado had graced the inside and it was weighing heavily on my shoulders. The plan of action was to put Gage to sleep and for us to clean, well I fell asleep with the baby sitting up in the recliner. He woke me up to go to bed and then magic happened, I awoke to find myself in a clean house. All you working moms out there know that something like this is amazing and uplifting. He had stayed up and cleaned the house himself, all I had left was laundry and dishes (he hates dishes and I don’t blame him).

Also, during the week Jer cooks the meals and prepares bottles so I can spend time with the kids. I do the meals and bottles on the weekend. You see he gets out of work at 1pm so he picks up Gage and takes care of him until I get home at 4:30. He gets up at 3am so he goes to bed earlier so I put the kids to bed and get them up, ready, and take Gage to school before work at 7:30. Him doing his part makes life for this working mom enjoyable and there is not enough thanks in the world to pay for it. I am truly blessed by having this man as my partner and will remember that next time he doesn’t put the toilet seat down. I Love You, Jer!

(And it does not hurt that he is cute also)

No comments:

Post a Comment