AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Thursday, September 3, 2009

SHARING

I wanted to share just a few silly tid bits of life, a little window into my personality.

The picture and subject of this post is the 2009 "the company I work for" Annual Golf Tournament Trophy. IF you read the plaque on the trophy, you might have seen where I boxed out the companies name (for crazy people purposes) and find the words "Bringing up the Rear", that 's right folks, DAL stands for DEAD A** LAST. This trophy is given to the team in last place out of usually about 22 teams of 4, and a bonus this year is that the trophy had a Jack a** bobble butt feature, truly amazing in my eyes.

The teams are pretty even when it comes to experience, each having a "A" player (really good, golfs more than the wife likes), the classic "D" player (lucky if you can hit the ball, forget directionality), and then two players in the middle of that spectrum. The first place team gets a prize and the last place gets the trophy, my team has always come placed middle of the road at the tournaments. Each year when the roster of the team groups goes out the first thing I look for is how bad our players are so I can gauge our trophy chances. This year I was syked, somehow there was an issue and our team had 3 girls and 1 guy, which means nothing, unless the girls are all "D" players and the rules say you have to use at least one drive from each person on the team. My eyes lit up and I danced around, "I am going to get my trophy".

The day of the tournament the guy on our team, I will call him W, sat with us and I said "SO who did you make angry, seeing how you got 3 "D" players on your team", "You must have drawn the short straw", "hey W, I really think we have a good chance at the DAL trophy this year", he laughed and said stuff about how he was sure we were better at golf then even we thought. hahahahah such a nice man.

All during the game as golf balls flew in all short of directions and never really far when they did actually go the right way, I kept saying "I think that trophy is ours", I was excited we sucked. W actually said "do you want us to throw the game so we can get the trophy", still very nice of him but I responded "NO, I want to EARN the trophy, I want to be the suckiest team because we suck, not cheated, I want to look at the trophy with pride that it was meant to be ours because our rotten golf team, not rotten morals", so try for real we did.

Towards the middle and end of the tournament (I had to leave 3 holes early) we seemed to get better and stayed 1 or 2 below par, I felt the trophy once again slipping away, couldn't help but wonder if we sucked enough. The thoughts of "hey we might win this" even came out of our "A" player W's mouth. As I left I truly felt that we would be far from a trophy last place "victory" and most likely just short of the first place prize, which is not as good as the last place prize in my book, but oh well, we thought we sucked enough in the beginning but beginners luck must have been on our side.

Insert leaving early and two day weekend......

The following Monday morning I went to W's office knowing he would know what place we ended up in, I nearly fell on the floor when I saw the DAL trophy, my trophy, the donkey, sitting perched so perfectly on his file cabinet. W was a newer employee of the company so I knew it was from this golf tournament and not any others, however it could belong to someone else. W turned around in his chair, I said "well", he pointed to the trophy and cracked a grin, I jumped up and down (mature I am not), finally after 5 years of wanting the DAL trophy it was mine, we earned it, fair in square, we did suck THAT BAD, and I love it.

Without further ado......I present for your viewing pleasure my teams 2009, well earned, happily received, DAL trophy.........


(sorry the picture was taken with my phone camera, and yes the butt does bobble)

1 comment: