AUTHOR - A Very Blessed Wife & Mother

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

COME ON!!!!

What a month (not calendar but as in the last 30 days)! Our house has been consumed by snot, coughs, vomit, diarrhea, fussing, and too many viruses. As per my last post, my throat was killing me, after 2 days of fever and golf ball size lymph nodes I decided that maybe I did not have what the baby just got over but a new nasty bug instead, so I went to the doc.

Strep throat is its name and agony is its game.
I am better now, but wow, the last time I had strep I was about 8 years old and had my tonsils removed. Being I am a bit older and a lot larger I guess the strep bug must have improved also. This streptococcal bug body slammed me to the mat and I tried to tap out several times. I do believe I have taken over the lead and may even win the battle seeing that my lymph nodes seem to be taking on the activity of a grape in the Texas sun, they may soon even be normal again.

During my internal wrestling match Gage started to get better for a few days until a sinus infection took over. I know you have to be thinking what I am/was “COME ON, REALLY?”. He was tested for strep as a precaution (negative), and then given antibiotics for the infection.

HA you think that is the end of the story huh?

NOPE

Gage is allergic to Zithromiacin (antibiotic), OF COURSE!!! Why did we not think of that, he has been allergic to everything else so far? Poor baby has a swollen bumpy tongue, can’t suck on his pacifier (which is sooooo much fun), head to toe rash, and is sulking in a Benadryl induced stupor.
Please pass the Benadryl.

Better days soon, I Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment